Thursday, June 28, 2007

Test of Faith




Limited Faith
by Beverly T. Gooden, Author of Confessions of a Church Girl

The truth of the matter is, I'm a person of limited faith.

What are the limitations, you ask? They are the questions I ask myself that oppose what I believe.

For instance, when I decided to publish my book, I was excited at the idea of making my writings available to the public.

But what if they don't buy it?"

It’s that nagging voice inside your head. You know the one that starts whispering late at night before you drift off to sleep. Those are my limitations. It's true. Throughout my life there have been times when I didn't have confidence in God. Actually, more times than I'd like to count. It's difficult to trust the people I can see let alone someone I've never seen. And so, though I grew up in church and had understanding of simple biblical principles, I found myself not believing.

But therein lies the beauty of faith.

My brother Terrence once wrote: "As we grow up we hear people in the church say ‘don’t question God’. I believe this statement demeans God and His ability to answer."

The beauty of limited faith is that it leaves room for God to answer questions. If we take everything in a "because I said so" manner, then we'll forever be ill equipped to face life's challenges.

So embrace your limitations! Reflect on the burning questions in your heart and seek out the answers. And then we will find the limitations that once existed are slowly beginning to fade away.

Until next time,
Beverly T. Gooden
Your Faith Coach

info@beverlyT.com
www.myspace.com/patmoswarrior
_______________________________
Beverly T. Gooden is the President/CEO of the Beverly T. Gooden Corporation, a global non-profit humanitarian and philanthropic organization with the purpose of promoting healthy lifestyles, emotional wellness, and spiritual enhancement to people of all nationalities and creeds. An award-winning journalist, she holds a Bachelor of Arts in Public Relations from Hampton University, and works within her corporation to provide residential housing for homeless and abused children. For more information, visit www.BTGCorp.org.

1 comment:

30 Elephants Ltd. said...

This was very interesting. Most ppl frown upon question asking. Thank you for sharing this message with me, I needed to hear it.

Black Women Opening Doors For Black Women!

Black Women Opening Doors For Black Women!
"Girl, I told you there was a good sale today!"