Sunday, June 24, 2007

Put your best face forward

Don’t have a lot of time in the morning to put on your face?
Here are 4 simple, quick steps to transform you from bla to BAM!!

1- Concealer: A MUST have!! You don’t need any of those fancy brushes they try to make you buy at the makeup counters. Just use your fingers. Remember a little goes a long way. Dab a little under your eyes or on any blemishes you may have. Don’t rub, PAT and blend away those dark circles and blemishes!
2- Blush: Again you can buy those cream blushes and use your fingers to pat the blush onto the apple of your cheeks. In other words smile and apply the blush right on the balls of your cheeks. Pat and blend, please, no clown faces! lol
3- Mascara: A quick application of Black Mascara opens up your eyes so much. (To avoid clumps clean your mascara wand with dry tissue first to get rid of any dried mascara.)
4- Lip gloss: Pick a lip gloss that you like and use it. My personal favorite: E-mail me and I’ll tell you.

These are four easy, quick steps that will brighten your natural beauty, and have you glowing with little effort!

View some of my work at www.myspace.com/professionalmua

And you can email me at connect2author@thesocialitesguide.com
Queens always put their best Face Forward!
This is The Makeup Professional Signing off

2 comments:

30 Elephants Ltd. said...

I have NO idea about makeup. I hate the way it feels on my face but I often feel like a plain jane and want to snazz it up at times. My being made up consists of lip gloss and face moisturizer. My lips are on the larger size so I stay away from color. Do you have any suggestions? I really despise the feel of make up on my face.

I_am_a_Queen said...

I have two suggestions for you misstashi.

The first one would be, instead of plain face moisterizer, try a tinted moisterizer. Tinted moisterizers have next to shear coverage and will give your complextion a healthy even tone without feeling heavy. Make sure it has SPF in it. Even the sister need sun protection!

My other suggestion would be to try powder foundation and apply it with a FACE brush, that way you have more control of how much you're putting on.

As far as LIP shades, This is a big problem for sisters but remember, DONT BE AFRAID OF COLOR! We could wear PINK lipstick too!
I suggest you go in a store like SEPHORA and experiment with different shades. Because we have fuller lips I would stay in the warmer tones. Corals, raisins etc, etc.
and don't forget to Love your full lips, because there are women out there right now paying thousands of dollars for lips like yours!

I hope this helps misstashi
Queens always put their best Face Forward!
This is the Makeup Professional signing off

Black Women Opening Doors For Black Women!

Black Women Opening Doors For Black Women!
"Girl, I told you there was a good sale today!"